General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tell me your mini issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 PM

Hi guys...first post. My wife has a 2004 and today the ABS and Seat Belt warning lights came on and stayed on. I tried using a regular code scanner, but all it said was that it was an ABS issue. Any advise?

Ron

Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Default mind boggller

my wifes 2006 mini cooper s
the radio will turn off and on all by itself. the key can be in it or parked with no keys. one thread said it was a ground wire. Why would it turn on without the ignition on. for that matter no keys in the ignition.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:30 PM

Hey Doug,

My wife has a 2009 Clubman S with about 10,000 miles on it, and we have had several issues with the car so far... The check engine light came on and an evap component needed to be replaced, The car was hesitating and the engine seems to have a slight knock coming from the valve cover so we took it back in and they replaced the high pressure fuel pump. They said the engine noise is normal... Now it has a throttle response issue (delay). Is anyone else having these issues? The throttle response is not only a performance issue, but a also a safety issue!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by dschmale
Hello guys and gals. I’m a BMW technician but am moving to a newly constructed mini dealer in the next two months. They haven’t yet completed the service facility so here I wait.

I was wondering what issues you all have had relating to your vehicles through the course of your ownership? I want to be particularly sharp on the mini as it will be the only car I repair for years to come so please, let me have it… all of it. Relay stories or simple, “x happened at y miles, dealer performed z and it did/did not fix the problem.” Any complaints about issues that have been resolved on the forum here? Any general gripes? Any suggestions where to look for a “database” of technical issues. I will have access to the tech database when our dealer code clears in a few weeks but honestly, nothing is as worthwhile as the experiences of owners and enthusiasts.

As soon as I am up and running at the new dealer, I will be happy to field questions regarding your vehicles. PM me, post here, let me hear all that has gone wrong with your vehicle, what repairs were attempted, any other info you feel pertinent. Mods, I am not not out for anything but info. I may post this elsewhere with your blessing. Thanks.

-DOUG

BMW master; ASE master automotive technician.
Hey Doug I have a 2003 Mini. The other day I was making a left turn into a shopping mall and the car simply died. I tried to restart it but to no avail. When turn the key it does nothing. It doesn't even click. The lights still work and the radio, but absolutely nothing happens when you turn the key. I tried checking all the fuses and one was blown but when I replaced it nothing happened. You got any ideas?

Old 10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
Default unleaded gas vs.premium in Cooper S ? problems

Can the wrong fuel unleaded instead of premium gas in a 2010 mini S with 2500 miles cause the fuel injector to be replaced, the car to stall, and to produce an awful order in the cabin when driving 60 or above?

Old 10-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Default crash damage

I would appreciate it if you took a look at the thread I just posted " Car Crash Damage please help" it has bunch of details explaining whats happened. Thanks MiniS02

Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM

Hi, I upgraded the exhaust, air filter, and chipped it, then I done a 15% pulley upgrade and every time I accelerate hard it feels like the engine jumps and then I get the traction control and service engine soon light come on. I have reset the lights and it continues do do this ever since the pulley upgrade, can anyone tell me how to rectify this, thanks Mark.

I have a R53 Cooper s

Old 11-03-2010, 09:35 PM

i have a 2002 mini cooper sport...there is a water leak around the super charger. any ideas??? at first thought it was the thermostat, changed that and found it was leaking from above that. any ideas what i might be looking at?
thanks for any input i can get.

Last edited by short; 11-04-2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: more info
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by dschmale
Hello guys and gals. I’m a BMW technician but am moving to a newly constructed mini dealer in the next two months. They haven’t yet completed the service facility so here I wait.

I was wondering what issues you all have had relating to your vehicles through the course of your ownership? I want to be particularly sharp on the mini as it will be the only car I repair for years to come so please, let me have it… all of it. Relay stories or simple, “x happened at y miles, dealer performed z and it did/did not fix the problem.” Any complaints about issues that have been resolved on the forum here? Any general gripes? Any suggestions where to look for a “database” of technical issues. I will have access to the tech database when our dealer code clears in a few weeks but honestly, nothing is as worthwhile as the experiences of owners and enthusiasts.

As soon as I am up and running at the new dealer, I will be happy to field questions regarding your vehicles. PM me, post here, let me hear all that has gone wrong with your vehicle, what repairs were attempted, any other info you feel pertinent. Mods, I am not not out for anything but info. I may post this elsewhere with your blessing. Thanks.

-DOUG

BMW master; ASE master automotive technician.
I have an '05. On hot summer mornings when it is humid I cannot keep fog off the front windshield. It gets pretty bad especially in both corners of the windshield. I cant seem to get the ac from blowing onto the windshield which just makes it worse. Any ideas othe that using Rain-X?

Old 11-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Default 06 Mini strained when driving over 50MPH

Hi
I have an 06 Mini w/25+K miles automatic and drive in bumper to bumper traffic most days however seems when I drive over 55MPH engine seems as though it is struggling or strained. Any ideas?

Last edited by molosurfer; 11-19-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: tell me your mini issues