General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

tell me your mini issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:34 PM

I took the motor and trainny out of my 2008 mini cooper base 1.6L and changed my chains and belts and put motor and trainny back in. turned over slowly to start with so I figured it was the battery so I bought a new batter now it wont turn over at all. lights come on and i can hear the relay and solenoid kicking in but its not turning over at all. checked all my grounds and they are all good. so could someone please help me on what could be the problem.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Laurieand Brian Troxal
I took the motor and trainny out of my 2008 mini cooper base 1.6L and changed my chains and belts and put motor and trainny back in. turned over slowly to start with so I figured it was the battery so I bought a new batter now it wont turn over at all. lights come on and i can hear the relay and solenoid kicking in but its not turning over at all. checked all my grounds and they are all good. so could someone please help me on what could be the problem.
Check the connections at the battery. If they're loose, it'll cause a no start. Also, do you hear the fuel pump prime? Is it cranking?

Old 05-02-2016, 01:56 PM

My battery died. I jumped it...battery is fine. Now the headlights, blinkers, power windows, and dome lights don't work. No codes are read by OBD. What could the problem be?

Old 05-06-2016, 08:47 PM

I have a 2014 cooper. The mirrors on my sun visor won't stay up. I have to hold them open to look in the mirror. This is on driver and passenger side.

- how can I turn the fog lights on and off? Are they just automatic?

Old 05-09-2016, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by bchgrl
My battery died. I jumped it...battery is fine. Now the headlights, blinkers, power windows, and dome lights don't work. No codes are read by OBD. What could the problem be?
How old is the battery? Did you test the voltage?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:45 AM

44000 miles on 2013 Mini Roadster....Mini warranty expires in a few months ..should I pay for extended warranty or do the scheduled maintenance and hope for the best as my mechanic recommends ??

Old 06-22-2016, 01:32 PM

I've found a Mini Cooper S 2007 turbo for sale with a seized motor. I'm tempted because the price is right but I'm unsure which engine to get as a replacement. I want to be sure it's compatible and see many for sale on ebay, car-parts.com etc but the prices vary wildly.
They seem to be either under $1000 or over $3000.
Can you offer any advice ?

Old 08-17-2016, 05:07 PM
Default Exhaust issues

Hi, I just recently installed headers and an invidious racing exhaust on my r53 supercharged mini, and since then it has sounded amazing and everything, but between about 2 and 4 thousand rpms, the car jumps back and forth when I'm on the gas, I'm not sure what's causing it but I have read it could be an o2 sensor, which I believe mine is bad as it is throwing a code for it. Any ideas would be amazing, just replaced the plugs and changed oil as well so it isn't that

Old 10-31-2016, 11:39 PM

Hi there! I was running only 50km last night suddenly the idle went up and transmission won't shift (automatic transmission) appreciate your commitments. Cheers!

Old 11-27-2016, 11:42 AM

I have a 2007 Mini S. Yesterday the parking lights would not shut off after keys were removed. Didn't drive the car yesterday but noticed later in the afternoon they were on. Now the locks wont even open. Anyone out there have this same problem, how did it end?

Quick Reply: tell me your mini issues